What is a leader? A leader is person who leads and empowers others. But what makes a person a true leader? What can you do to prove to be a leader? What is it that you understand are are able to use to your own advantage? Here’s the thing:
As an Entrepreneur, I believe a leader is someone who has drive, motivation and has a vision. A leader also makes a commitment to make that vision a reality. They utilize all their skills and knowledge to also achieve them.
Let’s look at each of those in detail.
The Vision Of A Leader
Leaders can see a goal that needs to be achieved and problems which need fixing. It may be things that no one wants to take care of or maybe things that no one sees. Whatever the situation, leaders are single-mindedly determined to attack it. They are focused. A leader always has a clear mind to achieve a goal or a dream.
The Drive To See The Vision Through
A Leader Must Have The Following Traits/Skills:
They are plenty of things that sets a leader apart from a boss or from other people. There are some who are just born with it and there are others that as they develop they improve. Almost everyone can be a leader if you really want to be one.
Traits Of A Leader Include
- Integrity. You want others to believe you’re pursuing your dream because it’s the best and right thing to do. Not because they think you are ego driven.
- People person. Leaders understands the differences which makes others unique and is able to use those skills to achieve the goal.
- Is positive. We can’t be negative or waste time or even effort saying to others that they are wrong. A Leader empowers one another, rewards and encourages others. Makes others want to do it and do it in the right way.
Leadership Skills Include
- Motivation. Leaders know how to push people in the right direction and make people really want to do their best. Leaders need to know how to motivate each person to contribute.
- Communication – Not only by speaking and writing, we need effective communication. It must be able to move people to work towards the goal.
- Planning – Leaders plan out their goals to achieve. The leader doesn’t get too drowned in the details, that’s where managers come in, but instead we use a high-level plan strategy to help everyone to move together towards the goals.
We dream the dream. We refuse to let anything or anyone get in our way. Leaders are realistic, but unrelenting. We are insistent, but also polite. We are always moving towards the goal, no matter how hard it it. Everyone can be a leader. If you want to be a leader, you can, it just has to really matter to you.